Mustafa Fakhri, S.H., M.H., LL.M.
A constitutional law specialist with 15 years of experience working on governance issues including constitutional reform, legal development and judicial reform, electoral and legislative reform and also promotion of anti-corruption in public services in Indonesia, as well as constitutional reform in Japan. His full professional experiences include work as a lecturer and researcher at the University of Indonesia, a consultant for several state institutions including MPR RI and Bappenas RI, and 3 years of experience in the Constitutional Court RI. The work involved high level analysis and research using comparative approaches. His current activities beside teaching several courses in constitutional law area both for Bachelor and Master program at the University of Indonesia, he also leads the Center for Constitutional Law Studies (CCLS), one of the most influential research center at the Faculty of Law University of Indonesia for its contribution in Indonesian constitutional reform since 1976.
1. Bachelor of Law (SH), Faculty of Law, University of Indonesia, 1993-2000.
2. Master of Law (MH), Faculty of Law, University of Indonesia, 2001-2004.
3. Master of Law (LLM), Northwestern University School of Law, USA, 2005-2006.
4. Doctor of Law (Dr), Faculty of Law, University of Indonesia, 2012-present.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
1. Constitutional Law;
2. Comparative Constitutional Law;
3. Constitutional Court and the Judicial Review;
4. Legislation Theory and Legislative Drafting;
5. Parliamentary Role and Election Law;
6. Presidential Power;
7. Human Rights and Human Security.
AWARDS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
1. JICA Research Fellowship, 2008;
2. Completion Awards, American Indonesia Educational Foundation, 2007;
3. Fulbright Scholarship, 2005-2006;
4. The British Council Award 2001;
5. The United States Government’s International Visitor Program 2000.
1. Member, Academic Senate, Faculty of Law, University of Indonesia, 2013-present;
2. Chairman, Pusat Studi Hukum Tata Negara FHUI (Center for Constitutional Law Studies,
Faculty of Law University of Indonesia), 2014 to present;
3. Executive Director, Pusat Studi Hukum Tata Negara FHUI (Center for Constitutional Law Studies
Faculty of Law University of Indonesia), 2007 to 2014.